Intensive 10-Day Workshop
Are you looking for a hands-on learning experience that prepares you for PATH Intl. certification* as a therapeutic riding instructor in the field of equine assisted activities and therapies (EAAT)?
Are you teaching in the EAAT field and looking for continuing education?
Our intensive workshop is the training you’ve been looking for.
Here are some of the topics scheduled for this workshop:
- Disability Instruction -- Physical, Cognitive, Sensory, Psychosocial and Speech/Language Impairments
- Equine Facilitated Mental Health Diagnoses
- The Therapy Horse
- Rider Assessment, Documentation and Horse Selection
- Tack and Special Equipment
- Safe Mounting and Dismounting
- Therapeutic Riding Instruction –Techniques, Lesson Planning, Exercises and Games
- PATH, Intl. Standards, Precautions and Contraindications
Instructor riding and riding assessment will take place during the workshop.
* This intensive workshop is supplemental to PATH Intl. training for certiﬁcation. To earn certiﬁcation, attendees must also take the PATH, Intl. Onsite Workshop and Certiﬁcation (OSWC) and complete the self-guided certiﬁcation process.
Cost and Registration
Tuition and Onsite Lodging in Stepping Stone Lodge with all meals - $1450
Tuition Only with lunches provided - $700
Cancellation and Refund Policy
Payment is due at time of application submission, which must be on or before the registration deadline. If the workshop is cancelled by Touchstone Farm, we will refund your payment in full within 30 days of the registration deadline, or you may use the payment as credit toward another event of your choice held at Touchstone Farm within two years of the registration deadline of cancelled event.
If you wish to cancel, you must submit a written cancellation request to Touchstone Farm before the registration deadline to receive a full refund. A 50% refund is given if we receive your written notice on or after registration deadline. Individuals who do not give written notice to Touchstone Farm before the first day of the workshop will not receive a refund.
Questions? Email HPITS@touchstone-farm.org or call us at 603-654-6308.