Equine Facilitated Mental Health ESMHL Workshop - Mar 28-31, 2014
Come to Touchstone Farm, a PATH Intl Premier Accredited Center for a three-day workshop of specialized training for equestrians who are interested in equine facilitated mental health and education programs. The Practical Horsemanship Skills exam follows the workshop.
Who Should Attend
This training is designed for:
- equine professionals,
- therapeutic riding Instructors, and
- those who wish to enhance their ability to work with mental health and education professionals and their clients.
Focus of this Workshop
This training focuses on:
- the specific role of the Equine Specialist when assisting or collaborating with human service providers,
- designing safe, mutually beneficial and effective activities to enhance participant outcomes,
- determining specific horse handling methods,
- understanding students with mental health and/or learning issues,
- assessing the horse’s response to student behaviors and needs, and
- helping prepare qualified participants to take the PATH Intl. Equine Specialist Certification.
Becoming Certified as an Equine Specialist
PATH Intl. requires a three-step process to obtain the Equine Specialist in Mental Health and Learning Certification, of which this workshop is the first step. Additional information on this process is available on the PATH Intl. website.
The Practical Horsemanship Skills exam is an un-mounted exam that tests the participant’s horse handling ability/ground skills as well as how the participant relates to horses.
- Workshop participants are not required to take the skills exam immediately after the workshop, however, and may choose to take it at another time.
- Individuals who have taken the ESMHL workshop previously can register to take the skills exam on Monday, March 31.
Registering for this ESMHL Workshop/Skills Exam
If you are interested in attending the ESMHL workshop and/or Practical Horsemanship Skills exam, download the registration packet (PDF). The packet includes details about the certification process and this workshop, costs, and housing options, as well as the registration forms.
Click here to pay online. (Be sure to write the name of this event in the notes section of the payment page.)
Questions? Please contact Winter Keeler at firstname.lastname@example.org.